Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still loosing constraints with CC AI2009 SP2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shastu
140 Views, 2 Replies

Still loosing constraints with CC AI2009 SP2

I am convinced that there is still a problem with the content center loosing constraints and I think I have the proof this time. Open up file test.iam. In it consist of one part two places with constraints. The part is from the content center and was created on the 11th. Today, the 22nd, I tried to replace that file with a different content center part from the same family 064638 X 6.ipt and it lost all constraints. So I then closed down the file, renamed the original content center part to 064632 X 6temp.ipt (Which is what is in the test.iam). Opened a new assembly and re-created the 064632 X 6.ipt from the content center which should be no different than the one created 11 days ago. Once I did that, it worked fine and I didn't lose any constraints. It almost acts like I have to create the part on the same day in order for it to hold the constraints. I know that is ridiculous, but I don't know how else to explain it. Nothing has changed with that content center table since the 11th. Why did it loose the constraints on the file that was created 11 days ago. To test it out for your self just do a replace component on the 064632 X 6temp.ipt to the 064638 X 6.ipt and you will loose the constraints. Then close it without saving it, and replace the 064632 X 6temp.ipt with the 064632 X 6.ipt. It keeps all the constraints which means that it recognizes it as the same part, but when I replace it then to the 064638 X 6.ipt it still keeps the constraints like it should. I run into this all the time and the only work around that I have for it is to remove the original file and make a new one from the content center, and then re-open my assembly. It works every time, but it takes a lot of unnecessary time.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessicazhanxia.yan
in reply to: shastu

Sorry for the late respond.

As I know, Inventor2010 has improvements on this - It will try to keep all the mate constraints if possible when replace component. If replace 064632 X 6temp.ipt with the 064638 X 6.ipt will not loose the constraints any more, although it still warns the Possible Constraints Loss. Do you have R2010? And would you please have a try?

I don't understand why the constraints are kept if replace the 064632 X 6temp.ipt with the 064632 X 6.ipt first and then replace with 064638 X 6.ipt. I asked the help from Assembly team and they are investigating it.

I have an example to show this issue is not related with the created date. Please try with the attached dataset and replace Part2 with Part1 or replace Part1 with Part2. You will see the constraints are lost. And the parts are created almost at the same time and they are not from CC.

Thanks, Jessica
Message 3 of 3
shastu
in reply to: shastu

Yes, 2010 has improved in this area. Although we have 2010, we have not moved to it yet. Also, I didn't actually thought the problem had to do with the date, I was just saying that it is weird that if I delete the original files out of the content center folders, and re-create them, then it works fine even though it was created the exact same way as before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report