Inventor General

Active Contributor
NathanGMartin
Message 11 of 15 (460 Views)

Re: Starting Sketch in XZ Plane, screen rotates 180

02-06-2013 08:53 AM in reply to: JDMather

That certainly does help the user to correct the problem after it occurs, JD, thanks.  And I am certainly thankful for Inventor's many helpful features.  

Currently to mitigate this I just click the "rotation" box in the text editor dialog box and try to remember the sketch's CS orientation so I get the right result.

Pretty ironic when you're enabling a feature (look at sketch) in order to draw hieghtened attention to a broken feature (funky sketch CS orientation) so that you can manually correct the problem yourself through trial and error (vert/horiz constraints).

Contributor
jmontie
Message 12 of 15 (421 Views)

03-15-2013 08:45 AM in reply to: SeanFarr

I guess nobody has came up with a fix yet. Please look into this it is very annoying. I can't think of any reason to rotate 180 when going into a sketch. This is something that should have been taken care of before it was sent out.

Valued Mentor
SeanFarr
Message 13 of 15 (412 Views)

03-15-2013 08:56 AM in reply to: jmontie

Back in message 8 of this thread, wegnerbryan added this to ideastation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Sketch-Orientation-quot-Look-At-quot-Feature/idi-...

it looks like they are at least looking at the issue as it says accepted, but I doubt we will see any fix for it until release 2015. Since 2014 was probably in the works already when it was added to ideastation.

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Contributor
gaualex
Message 14 of 15 (355 Views)

03-22-2013 08:32 AM in reply to: SeanFarr

Hello everyone,

I had the same problem and I'm using Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro.

You could edit coordinate system when you're within sketch mode to interchange x and y axis orientations.

I don't know if this option is available in 2012 but if it is, try it and tell me if it worked.

It did work for me.

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 15 of 15 (339 Views)

03-22-2013 10:27 AM in reply to: gaualex

gaualex wrote:

You could edit coordinate system when you're within sketch mode to interchange x and y axis orientations...

I don't know if this option is available in 2012...

Wow!  All this time I thought I had to exit the sketch and right-click on it in order to edit the coordinate system.  I didn't know I could do it right in the sketch!  I'm glad I read this thread today.

And it does work in 2012, by the way.

-cwhetten

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube