Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start in Perspective View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
325 Views, 4 Replies

Start in Perspective View

Each time I launch Inventor the default view is Ortho. I work almost exclusively in Perspective mode, so my first step is to switch from Ortho to Perspective. Unfortunately, this setting won't stick and has to be done with each launch of Inventor. I was hoping with R9 that the code would remember this, but no such luck. Is there a registry setting that controls what view mode is enabled on start up?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Open your template.ipt and switch to perspective mode, save and close. Start a new ipt based on template.ipt and the perspective mode is on. HTH Peer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

....until you restart Inventor. Spoke too soon, sorry...\8^( I can't find a setting in the registry either... Peer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

"Alex Alexander" wrote in message news:41b8d169$1_2@newsprd01... > Each time I launch Inventor the default view is Ortho. I work almost > exclusively in Perspective mode, so my first step is to switch from Ortho > to > Perspective. Unfortunately, this setting won't stick and has to be done > with > each launch of Inventor. I was hoping with R9 that the code would remember > this, but no such luck. > > Is there a registry setting that controls what view mode is enabled on > start > up? I'm sure if you posted in the IV customization group you would get an answer or a link to an Addin. Nick
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

FWIW, I could never find a registry setting which controls the view. Instead I used a workaround. I created a blank ipt file with the following code in Module1: Public Sub AutoEdit() Dim oView As View Set oView = ThisApplication.ActiveView Dim oCamera As Camera Set oCamera = oView.Camera oCamera.Perspective = True oCamera.Apply End Sub I saved this file as New.ipt, then used the following command line switch in the Target field of my Inventor icon: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 9\Bin\Inventor.exe" "S:\Inventor\In Process\New.ipt" Of course this path is specific to my network drive path, so anyone wanting to duplicate this would need to edit the command line switch accordingly. An interesting effect of this is that upon launch, Inventor will not display the Open dialog. I actually prefer this, because I often cancel this dialog to open a drawing from the most-recently used on the file menu, or create a new file from the New toolbar flyout button. Speaking of command line switches, the only one I found through experimentation is "/p" which when followed by a path/filename will print the file. Alex "Alex Alexander" wrote in message news:41b8d169$1_2@newsprd01... > Each time I launch Inventor the default view is Ortho. I work almost > exclusively in Perspective mode, so my first step is to switch from Ortho to > Perspective. Unfortunately, this setting won't stick and has to be done with > each launch of Inventor. I was hoping with R9 that the code would remember > this, but no such luck. > > Is there a registry setting that controls what view mode is enabled on start > up? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report