Inventor General

Valued Contributor
Message 21 of 25 (312 Views)

Re: Start Inventor with fix application options

07-21-2011 08:09 AM in reply to: matt.smith

Hi Matt,

i think the thing with the template path is a user right problem.

But the thing with the PersistentDimensionON Option doesn´t work as Admin User.

I´ve added the xml file which i´m using

Maybe its also a localization bug.

Michael

Employee
Message 22 of 25 (303 Views)

07-21-2011 11:14 AM in reply to: michael.marx

I'll take a look and let you know what I find.

- Matt

Employee
Message 23 of 25 (299 Views)

07-21-2011 11:31 AM in reply to: michael.marx

Okay, first:  I was able to reproduce the issue you see where the DefaultPersistDimensionOn is not being properly applied.  The reason I didn't see this the first time around is because I was using an in-development internal build and the issue is already fixed (internally), so the fix will be available in a future version (could be a service pack or a release, I'm not at liberty to comment nor do I really know).

The issue ID internally is 1324866.

That said, you can work around it if you'd like to:

Hand edit the XML file (after exporting) and change the text DefaultPersistDimensionOn to DefaultPersistDimension and now it should work.

The catch is that once you get a version of the software where this is fixed, the hand edited version will no longer work.  If you'd like to avoid that, I think (but haven't tried), you can have both elements:

DefaultPersistDimensionOn="1" DefaultPersistDimension="1"

I believe that with this edit, the current version will look at the DefaultPersistDimension and ignore the other, and when you get the version of the software containing the fix that it will look at the DefaultPersistDimensionOn and ignore the other.

Hope that helps.  Thanks,

- Matt

Mentor
CadUser46
Message 24 of 25 (294 Views)

07-21-2011 11:43 AM in reply to: mbodnar

mbodnar wrote:
Spoiler

Hi

I havent found any way so far of importing the ribbon user commands

Max B

Has anyone found a way to do this or is it a definite NO.  I would love this so i didnt have to get users to re-import when new macros are added.

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Valued Contributor
Message 25 of 25 (166 Views)

06-18-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: matt.smith

Hi Matt

i ´ve got another problem now with my german Version. If i use the importoptions variable i get a some new templates in the template folder?!?!?

regards Michael

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube