Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Balloons

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Cadmanto
7237 Views, 8 Replies

Stacked Balloons

Is there a way to have stacked balloons?

What I currently have is this.

balloons.JPG

What I want is this

balloons.JPGMinus the elbow in the leader

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jtylerbc
in reply to: Cadmanto

Right click on a balloon - you'll see "Attach Balloon" and "Attach Balloon from List."  I believe they are what you're looking for.

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: jtylerbc

Yes, that is what I am looking for.  But now I am finding another problem.

I am doing a hardware stack and the only view that shows the other hardware visible

is on another view.  How do I get hardware that is not visible on the one view to have balloons

stacked in this stack.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 9
jtylerbc

That's where the "From List" version comes in handy.  It will pop up a mini-version of the BOM, and you can check the boxes for the parts you want in the stack instead of graphically selecting them in the drawing view.

Message 5 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thank you.  Currently where I am working they are not placing the BOM on the drawing.

What they are doing is relying on a BOM created in Vantage.  We are very new to Inventor

to the BOM on the drawing thing is a little down the road.  So I guess when we do it this is

the option I should select.  In the mean time I just shifted all of my balloons to the side view where I can see all hardware.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 9
jtylerbc

For working purposes, you could place a parts list off the paper.  That way it won't print, but will still be there for reference while you're working, and make it so you can use the "From List" a little easier.

Regardless of Inventor's capabilities or the presence/absence of the parts list, if there's a view where you can see all the hardware, it's probably better to balloon it there anyway.

Message 7 of 9
msklein

USE ADD FRom list and you have a few options to reduce the list. Not ballooned, virtual , as long as you know the description you can pick. We need to get part number option for the list (AutoDesk).

msk

Message 8 of 9
CadUser46
in reply to: msklein

You can also turn on the hidden line view, select the item then turn hidden line off again.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: CadUser46

I never thought of that.  Good thought.  Thank you for all of your suggestions.

Sometimes the simple things are tough when you are first learning a software.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report