Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spur Gear Help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
whiteskulleton
5647 Views, 6 Replies

Spur Gear Help

I am trying to create a spur gear in Autodesk Inventor 11 using the Spur Gears Component Generator in the Design Accelerator. I have been given diminsions for the Spir Gear as followed but don't know how to enter them because there is only a limited amount of values:

Number of teeth........10
Diametric pitch.........9.6
Circulator pitch.........0.32725
Pitch diameter..........1.0416
Outside diameter......1.25
Root diameter...........0.8006
Addendum...............0.10416
Dedendum...............0.10416
Clearance................0.163541
Whole depth............0.22466
Circular thickness....0.163625
Fillet.......................0.03125
Pressure angle........9.00

I enter in the Addendum, Clearance, and Pressure Angle and it says that the values are Ambiguous Inputs. Is there any way that I can create this gear?
P.S. it doesn't matter about the Loads, Material Values, and Inputs in the Calculations tab.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: whiteskulleton

Never seen a gear with a 9 pressure angle. They are usually 25, 20 or 14.5 degrees.
Are the units for the other values that you give?

What is the tooth standard?
Message 3 of 7

I am attaching a file with amost all the info about the spur gear. I say this because there is suppose to be a woodruff key in the middle and I think I already know how to do it because there is an extra sheet with all the info about the woodruff key. The only thing that I really don't know how to do is to make the key itself.
Message 4 of 7
karthur1

For this "simplified" version, I would not try to use DA for the tooth. I don't think you will ever be able to enter in 9 for the pressure angle. Just sketch it out and then array it around to show the gear.

To do the key, just draw the half-moon shape, and then extrude it.
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the information so far. But if I have tried make this without design accelerator but the problem that I am having is trying to actually make the tooth. I don't know how to make the flank and the face of the tooth gear. I am confused with the "point of tangency with Pitch Diameter" and the "R.0313" because I don't know how to use that to create my sketch. I looked online and in my text book but some things don't add up. I am providing a sketch with parameters on Autodesk Inventor 11. If you could please edit it that would be great. Thanks for the help so far.
Message 6 of 7
karthur1

I see why you are having trouble. The sketch for the tooth profile that they provided makes no sense to me either. See the attached. I think this is what they were trying to say. See if you can make it work like this. This is the way that I would model the tooth.

I dont have a R11 version here, so if I fixed your sketch, you could not open it.

Message 7 of 7

what shall i do, when "number of teeth" value is Driven for Gear2 ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report