Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring problem in .idw

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
149 Views, 5 Replies

Spring problem in .idw

Hi, Does anyone have any experiences/explanation for the following problem? In the IDW environment, when attempting to create a base view of a spring, I found that the spring was only visible when set as a shaded view, and then only the rendering is visible. i.e. no outline. All that is visible when selecting hidden line or hidden line removed, was the the 2 circular sectioned ends of the spring (section, not diameter) and no part of the profile is visible at all. once the faltered base view is created it is possible to create normal projected views from it, but the base view remains the same. Even when using the shaded view, that does not show correctly when printed or saved as a dwf or pdf. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks Derek Burns
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just created a set of drawing views in 8 sp1 with no issues:
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

There is an ongoing issue with spring drawing creation when using flattened ends, ie change the transition angle to 90 or 45 and flat angle to 90 or 45 on both ends and it might or might not create a drawing view. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Usually altering the transition and flat angles fixes the problem - i.e if 90 doesn't work, set it to 80 or some other number until it does (a pain I know) ... It gets worse the more turns you have - i.e a spring with 5 pitches may work but one with 30 doesn't even if they both have the same ends. By the way, if the transition angle is set to 0° then it fails everytime (I think so anyway - It certainly did pre SP1 - I don't have a machine with IV on here to check - Yes I know that 0° is not a valid angle for transition but I think the software allows that value to be entered) SP1 improved matters but did not fix them completely. I can post examples that show this behaviour if needed. Please let me know if you would like them. Regards Rory "Gary R. Smith (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4047a008_2@newsprd01... Just created a set of drawing views in 8 sp1 with no issues:
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Gary, did you make a helix and then use a cut to make the ground dends? TIA Bill "Gary R. Smith (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4047a008_2@newsprd01... Just created a set of drawing views in 8 sp1 with no issues:
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Can we assume the silence means "yes it's true"? All the best Derek "William H. Geissele pandrolusa.com>" wrote in message news:404897d5_1@newsprd01... Gary, did you make a helix and then use a cut to make the ground dends? TIA Bill "Gary R. Smith (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4047a008_2@newsprd01... Just created a set of drawing views in 8 sp1 with no issues:
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

huh, sorry, yes - that was what I did - it was the easiest way to get where I needed to go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report