Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Face Open Loop Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drguitarum2005
401 Views, 2 Replies

Split Face Open Loop Error

I am attempting to split a face so I have a good area to apply a load in simulation and 3/4 of the areas split just fine but I CANNOT get the 4th area to split! This is all just projected geometry but left and right are symmetrical so I can't figure out why the L side works but not the R side...

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Hi!

I Can't tell you why it does't work, but the trick is to know several ways to achieve the result.

I split the last area with the help of a surface... and the final result will be the one you want.

Part in attach, check it!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
drguitarum2005
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for the info! I was able to do the same but I also, at the same time, found out why there was a problem. There are multiple points at the bottom that aren't connected but because its reference geometry, they can't be connected. I couldn't fix it so the 3D model must be weird but I was also able to mirror the good one over, within the sketch, and split it that way as well. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report