Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort of complaint concerning tolerancing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mrack42
283 Views, 3 Replies

Sort of complaint concerning tolerancing

When you specify a deviation tolerance on linear dimensions, you enter ".002" in the "Upper" tolerance box, and ".001" in the "Lower" tolerance box, and you get X +.002/-.001.  When you specify a deviation tolerance on a hole size (specified using the Hole/Thread Note tool), if you enter ".002" and ".001", you get X +.002/+.001 (both values '+').  You need to enter ".002" and "-.001".

Having different rules apply to such similar operations is inherently dangerous.  It's my mistake, yes... but it was very easy to make.  I understand there are applications for this, I'd just like to see the same method/thinking applied to both operations.

Thumbs up, or upvote, or repost, or comment, or whatever you wanna do if you've ever had a machinist laugh at you for this, please... hopefully they'll change it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dkatz
in reply to: mrack42

Add this to idea station if it isn't there already...I'd vote for it.

Message 3 of 4
mrack42
in reply to: dkatz
Message 4 of 4
dkatz
in reply to: mrack42

And voted.

I'll try to get some others to vote, but I really have no idea how to get people to notice my ideas when I post them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report