Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WayneTaylor
848 Views, 4 Replies

Solidworks

I used solidworks for 16 yeaqrs, then inventor 13 for 2 years.

I am happy to say I loaded solidworks today , and I pray I will never need to use inventor again.

Auto-desk needs to go back to the drawing board(literally!) on this debacle.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster402
in reply to: WayneTaylor

what's with all the Inventor bashing on these forums created for Inventor users to come and help each other?

Not that I help alot here, but I'm done with anything even mentioning SW. 

All you SW users, go to the respective SW forum and pledge away.  I promiss I won't go there and bash your preferred software.  Please don't come here and do it.

We're not here to listen to your particulars, at least the Autodesk forum wasn't created for that anyway.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Wayne,

I am happy for you.  I totally agree with ampster on this one.  Not sure what your true point is.

The only thing I am going to disagree with ampster on is going on the SW forum.  If this is what you are going to post, don't waste your time.  I have spent 3 years on that

forum to the point I was one of the top contributors.  I can tell you first hand there are martyrs there as well

that say the same thing about SW that Inventor can doing something, why can't SW?

My point is that if this is all you have to contribute, best to keep your comments to yourself!!!

I have spent countless hours on that forum to help people solve problems and I will do it here as well.

Please don't come on these forums and post threads like this.  These are the types of rants that turn legitimate

users away because they are too scared because of reasons like this thread.

We are here to help and assist with daily problems not have to deal with this crap!!!

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Downes

Hi,

In my working life as a contract design engineer I have used Catia V5, Pro-e Wildfire, Rhino, Solidworks and Inventor. They all have their followers and haters.

Something stick’s in my mind that I was told, People will defend their Cad system as if it was their first girlfriend.

I used Solidworks on and off since 1998 and inventor for the last 3 years. They are both good Cad systems and it really is down to personal preference because at the end of the day they both do the same thing and all we really do is draw lines and circles on a bit of paper.

Cheers

MarkSmiley Happy

Cheers
Mark
Inventor 2018, 3DS Max 2018, Vault 2018
Message 5 of 5
ampster402
in reply to: Mark.Downes

ugh must be the med's!

SW was the first solid modeling package I learned back in the early 2000's.  Used it for over a year and was happy with it.

Switched to another company that used Autodesk products and have been with that since.

Inventor and SW are basically the same level CAD packages when compared to Pro-E and NX for example.

All software (and O.S.'s) have their pros and cons.

It just gets old seeing all the msg's lately stating SW is better at this and that or Adesk ought to provide an Inventor package that doesn't have this or that bug or should be releasing Inventor only when it works and is stable 100% of the time...

But really, what software out there does everything exactly as it was meant to do with absolutely no problems or issues at all?

None.

Let's just get back to assisting Inventor users with legitimate questions. Sure, if needed during the course of describing your problem using Inventor you need to mention how it 's done in some other software go ahead.

Just don't come here to state your preferences/opinions about *other* software.

What gets me is people apparently just joined here to slam Inventor/praise SW?!?!

What the ???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report