Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolidWorks 2011 Import

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kj
Participant
373 Views, 4 Replies

SolidWorks 2011 Import

Inventor Pro 2012.

I am opening some SolidWorks 2011 SLDPRT files to make them into Inventor part files.

The models come in fine.  When I try to produce a IDW I can Dimension all the geometry but

can not call out and holes/threads.  I am using Win 7 64 bit, all the latest service packs for Inventor

and Windows.  I have include a snipe screen of the Open file dialoge box and the selected options.

Thanks

Ken

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: kj

Did you use Feature Recognition to recognize the holes as Hole features?

http://labs.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
kj
Participant
in reply to: JDMather

I have never heard of feature recognition enabler ... until now.. I will download and give it a whirl and

Let you know the results.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
kj
Participant

The enabler works fine.  I do not know if it is capable of recognizing the holes that are threaded.

So far no luck.  I am going back to each of the threaded holes individually and creating the feature.

Not perferct but sure is a great help .  Thanks for taking the time to post. I will pass this little

known software addition along to others.

Thanks

Ken

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Once you have run Feature Recognition you should be able to edit the hole features to threaded.

While in Feature Recognition you can ctl select multiple holes that are part of a pattern and right mouse button have Inventor create as a pattern - that way you only need to edit the seed hole for the pattern to change all.

A question like this came up in the past couple of weeks.

A search might turn up the thread with image attachments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report