Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So....should I install R9?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tdrawdy
173 Views, 8 Replies

So....should I install R9?

I have the R9 burning a hole in my desk here in Atlanta and was wondering if it was OK to give it a go. Are there any major problems to speak of?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tdrawdy

As always, make sure you have a good backup, and then give it a go. I have not found or heard of any major problems. There are some things in R9 that are going to take some time to get comfortable with... ie Styles .. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "tdrawdy" wrote in message news:9956402.1090266730202.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have the R9 burning a hole in my desk here in Atlanta and was wondering if it was OK to give it a go. Are there any major problems to speak of?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

By the time I get the new styles and standards controls figured out I'll probably be buffing my head instead of brushing my hair. But every thing I've touched so far I do like. I've even dug out a few old modelling failures that solve now. That's real good news. And it seems to do better at memory release than R7 and R8 ever did. darvin "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:40fc2820$1_1@newsprd01... > As always, make sure you have a good backup, and then give it a go. I have > not found or heard of any major problems. There are some things in R9 that > are going to take some time to get comfortable with... ie Styles .. > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > "tdrawdy" wrote in message > news:9956402.1090266730202.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have the R9 burning a hole in my desk here in Atlanta and was wondering > if it was OK to give it a go. Are there any major problems to speak of? > >
Message 4 of 9
tdrawdy

Kent,
Will you be at AU this year? Is it worth the trip?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

That's for sure. I guess I really should read the white papers on Styles - but who has time? I have one problem with a current project where Adaptivity causes an iPoof - but that's the only problem I've seen so far. Other than some other problems that were resolved after cleaning up some sloppy modeling techniques. "darvinv" wrote in message news:40fc2a80_1@newsprd01... > By the time I get the new styles and standards controls figured out I'll > probably be buffing my head instead of brushing my hair. But every > thing I've touched so far I do like. I've even dug out a few old > modelling failures that solve now. That's real good news. And it seems > to do better at memory release than R7 and R8 ever did.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Funny you bring that up... I have just been debating it. Currently leaning towards not going, (finances) but still up in the air. If it is worth it or not, really depends on what you expect to get out of it, but I can tell you I have only gone once, and every year since I have wanted to go back ;~) -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "tdrawdy" wrote in message news:6776309.1090269758499.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Kent, > Will you be at AU this year? Is it worth the trip?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I have been going every other year (2001 & 2003) for the past few years and bring back enough in tips, tricks and workflow improvements that my employer is still willing to foot the bill. tdrawdy wrote: > Kent, > Will you be at AU this year? Is it worth the trip? -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.5214 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

So does that mean you're not going this year Hal? Does your employer want to pop for Kent to go ? "Hal Gwin" wrote in message news:40fc3d8a$1_2@newsprd01... | I have been going every other year (2001 & 2003) for the past few years | and bring back enough in tips, tricks and workflow improvements that my | employer is still willing to foot the bill.
Message 9 of 9
pkquat

Mmmmmmmmm Memory release. (Homer Simpson voice)

And I was told this was NOT a problem with IV8SP1 even though I waited over a minute for IV to release 600K

Interesting very interesting.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report