Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small tubing for frame generator ?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Retselnitram
3175 Views, 15 Replies

Small tubing for frame generator ?

Does anybody know where I can download smaller square tubing for frame generator? Like 1/8x1x1 and 1/8x1-1/2x1-1/2

I know I did it for inventor 2009 but  I don't know where I got it  and how I did it anymore.

Thanks in advance

Inventor 2011

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
JDMather
in reply to: Retselnitram

You can create your own profiles pretty easily.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Create-Parts-Include-Modelling-Requirements/td-p/296...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 16
pauldoubet

I will take a look this evening and see what I can come up with.

Paul

Message 4 of 16

I have the ANSI-AISC library for 2011 available on the downloads site at:

http://teknigroup.com >> Downloads link

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 16
pauldoubet

Unzip this file in your CC library location. Let me know what you think and if you would like any advice on changing it to suit your needs. I believe these two files contain every Square Tube size and wall thickness in the Central, Ryerson, & Jorgeson steel stock lists.

Paul

Message 6 of 16
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: pauldoubet

Good job, Paul!

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 16
Retselnitram

Could you tell me where my cc library location is that I'm to drop the files into?

Message 8 of 16
pauldoubet

See the attached screen capture. Your actual location will be shown on your Application Options and is probably not the same as the one shown in the screen capture.

Paul

Message 9 of 16
Retselnitram

did you forget to attach the screen caption?

Message 10 of 16
Retselnitram

don't worry about that I know now.

thanks

Message 11 of 16
pauldoubet

OK here is the screen capture for anyone else who is needing it.

Paul

Message 12 of 16
blair

It can be also found while editing your Projects folder, Icon on the lower RH side of the Projects edit box. Accessing this will list your Libraries and it includes a link that will open your Windows Explorer to the correct directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 16
Retselnitram

Thanks for the files!

But I'd like to make some changes. How do you get rid of this as you can see on the attached. I can't seem to find where it is coming from.

Message 14 of 16
blair

You will need to check your CC library. Depending on the CC library you used, you may need to export and import into "MyLibrary" and edit to eliminate this field.

There should be a good PDF installed with the software or within the Autodesk Wiki-Help

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/2108-CAD_Mana2108/2140-Set_up_C2140

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 15 of 16
pauldoubet

If you want to change just the parts as you use them you need to edit each file in the BOM editor. If you want to change the output from the CC file you need to edit the CC family table. If you don't know how to do that please read the attached document.

Paul

Message 16 of 16
tdswanson

This is great, Paul!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report