Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloooooow title block editing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
309 Views, 8 Replies

Sloooooow title block editing

Hey guys/gals,

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong or what I can to fix this.

Every time I edit one of our titleblocks in our IDW's, it's like pulling teeth. So painfully slow. Every line added, dimension edited, or constraint placed takes about 10-15 seconds per action. We have many title blocks that require editing (as we're currently just adapting new standards and working them into our production drawings as they change) and this is becoming a very laborious chore to say the least.

The title blocks do indeed contain a lot of information, boxes, text, etc which all requires constraining and dimensioning. We do not use text boxes, in case you're wondering. However, I still feel that this is very excessive for something that is basically just 2D sketch geometry. Has anyone else seen similar issues? Any ideas on what I can try to do to fix this? Thanks!

Windows Vista Ultimate x64
2.4GHz Quad core
6GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8800
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

Just wondering if you have any imported graphics in your TB?
Message 3 of 9
howardlee306

If you are using 2010 we had that same problem, it worked fine in 2008 and 2009. what we did was leave the sketch from autocad in place than created a title block with text only kind of "superimposed" over top of our autocad sketch title block. this way it still looks the exact same but responds like a title block. If I had to guess I think 2010 is checking every single point for snapping and constraint purposes. Edited by: raymondlee306 on Jun 10, 2009 8:14 PM
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Yeah, we have a BMP of our company logo... however, I did try deleting it but the same delays occur.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Actually, it was happening in 2009 for us, and now 2010 as well. All geometry in our case was created 100% in Inventor.
Message 6 of 9
howardlee306

a couple weeks ago i posted pretty much this same question. click on my name and look at my posts. someone sent me a great link to a PDF on how to create the title block. Sorry I can't find it myself right now.
Message 7 of 9
howardlee306

never mind i found it in my drawer. its called basic title block creation by sean dotson
www.sdotson.com

try that. it made our lives easier
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks, I will read through that for sure.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I've had the same problem... It really is a pain the only thing that made it go a little faster was to create it in autocad and cut and paste to inventor leaving all dims and constraints off.. but it's still slow... good luck I'm still looking for a better fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report