Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slice sheet metal?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wolterh6
334 Views, 2 Replies

Slice sheet metal?

I was designing a part which consisted in a circular sheet metal part with a hole in the center, and a bent rectangular radii-oriented section. The second feature is the one I want to give focus in this thread.

Take a circular sheet metal with a diameter of 30 mm and a thickness of 1 mm. Now, to achieve the bent section one would perform - in a workshop or any other equivalent - two parallel slices of about 5 mm in length with a distance from each other of 4 mm. The slice would start in the circumference and end somewhere nearer to the center of the disc, but not parallel to a radius (since its parallel to another slice 4 mm apart as said before). After the slicing was done, one would bend the section bewteen the slices 90 degrees to any of the sides.

Now, in Inventor I couldn't find a way to do this. I couldn't just slice a line through the disc. I worked it around by cuting rectangles of 0.2 mm in width and with the length of the desired slices, and then using the folding command to bend it 90 degrees. Is it possible to perform this so called slices?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: wolterh6

What version of Inventor?
Attach your ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
wolterh6
in reply to: JDMather

I am using Inventor 2012 (Educational version). I already committed the modifications on the original ipt but I will attach it so you can see what I did.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report