Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skiing dynamic simulation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
406 Views, 0 Replies

Skiing dynamic simulation

Hello everyone,
I am working for a year project in a development (from scratch) of a two-skis, two independent suspension disabled skiing frame.
With my colleagues I completed the assembly and dimensioned all the parts considering "dynamic equilibrium" conditions.
That is to say, we computed the forces generated in a "racing ski" corner (high speeds, giant slalom radius) with a heavy mass of the user, and applied them over the components.

What we miss is a better comprehension of the forces transmitted when the user hits a bump in the ski slope.
We found a paper about the typical harmonic or cycloid expression for snow profile, so we know what is the displacement that the skis undergo during use.
We can't perform easily a "handmade" computation, because the spring/damper displacements are relatively big (in the heaviest cases) and so the overall system must be treated as nonlinear (from mech. vibrations' approaches).

How can we solve this problem? I put a mannequin on the top of frame to simulate better the moments of inertia of the mass and the position of the center of mass. My goal is to impose a displacement over time to the system, and if possible to make it follow a trajectory; for example I can create a part composed by a large arc, with radius equal to the one of a typical ski turn, and one "corrugation" on its surface that is representing a bump.

If there's a simpler way to do it, then I will be happy to learn that from you.

Remember that the point is understanding how the inertial forces are changing the stress distribution in the components.

Thank you so much for your attention,
Marco V.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report