Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketching in drawing environment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
acad-caveman
353 Views, 4 Replies

Sketching in drawing environment

Gents, I'm having a problem

I would like to add a sketch to a drawing view, and I'd like to constrain it to the geometry in the view.

It's not WORKING!

I am selecting the view first, then select "Create Sketch", so according to the help docs, it should be associated with

the view and not the sheet.

No matter what, any geometry I draw I cannot dimension nor constrain to any of the elements of the view.

What am I doing wrong? This is in IV 2011 Pro.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
acad-caveman
in reply to: acad-caveman

Duhhhh!!!!

SORRY about the blond moment!

I forgot to project the geometry!!!!

Message 3 of 5

Hi Acad

I can't project geometry in inv 2012. the icon is grey out and doesn't work?

I was trying to snap and dimension of the main drawing in sketch mode but assumed it couldn't be done. so in inv 2011 you can project the geometry from the main drawing into the sketch and work on it?

i didn't see this feature in 2011 but would like to use it in 2012 as it will help a lot with work flow.

is the grayed out button in inv 2012 an issue/bug or am I doing something silly?

Regards Adrian

Message 4 of 5

You must select the view first, the create the sketch before you can project geometry. This hasn't changed in 2012 and has worked this way for many (all?) releases of Inventor.

Message 5 of 5

cool, thanks. this is a feature I've not actually used before.

regards Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report