Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketched symbols and part numbers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
navbor
388 Views, 1 Reply

Sketched symbols and part numbers

I have several sketched symbols that I use with references to various properties embedded in them. Once of these is a sketch block that picks up the part number, description and so on. In order to get this to work, I place the sketch block and drag the leader to point to the part.

For assemblies the process clearly needs to be different. If I have various parts and assemblies shown on one sheet, how can I use a sketched symbol to pick up the ASSEMBLY number from one of the view.

Parts are fine (as explained above), but when I place a sketched symbol and do not attach the leader it picks up on the part number of the first component / assembly placed on the sheet.

I would like to have a sketched symbol reference a specific assembly, and list all its properties (i.e. part number, description, mass and so on). 

Is there a way to do this? Please consider there could be more than one view on the sheet that has an assembly (or a part for that matter). I think I am looking for a way to link the sketched symbol to the assembly or specific view.

Regards
Rob
-------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Pro (X64)
Intel(R) core (TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
32.0 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K2000
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Professional Ultimate Design Suite
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: navbor

Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to choose the source reference (assembly occurrence level) for sketch symbols. Normally the selection is done by either the leaf node component or the first component of the first view.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report