Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch setting for view IV2012

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
thaddeus
318 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch setting for view IV2012

Is there any way to stop the flipping of the solid/sketch view from iso to normal?

its annoying to make changes to a sketch and constantly have to re orient the part after finishing a sketch, I dont want the solid model to return to iso view after sketching, is there a setting for this?

Thanks

Thaddeus

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: thaddeus

No setting for that (some complain..some love it).. BUT how about this setting

tools..application options..sketch tab. check "look at sketch plane on sketch creation"

Not sure if you would like that better or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
thaddeus
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, works for me, could be better but it works.

Message 4 of 7
cwhetten

You could also try the work-around suggested in the post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/inv-2012-isometric-view-when-exiting-sketch-mode/m-p...

Message 5 of 7
thaddeus

ok, so after looking into the post about viewcube settings, I undid the sketch setting change I had made, then I unchecked the "use anamated transitions when switching views" , this cures the sketch/solid issue.

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

@thaddeus wrote:

ok, so after looking into the post about viewcube settings, I undid the sketch setting change I had made, then I unchecked the "use anamated transitions when switching views" , this cures the sketch/solid issue.

Huh? that doesn't effect that. The "use animated blah" setting either shows a gradual transition to the selected view cube orientation or just instantly snaps to that orientation. It does not effect the transition to iso after a sketch is finished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
thaddeus
in reply to: mcgyvr

Mcgyvr

Thanks for your first reply.

all I can say about the final settings I have used is, I chose not to disable having the sketch plane showing up normal after changing the viewcube animated setting.

My feeling is autodesk f****d up what was working and this unf****d the issue, although in doein so causes the inability to have animated transitions in the solid views.

T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report