Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch references visibility

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
machiel.veldkamp
460 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch references visibility

I don't know if this already is a feature but if it isn't it should be!

SO!
I have this assembly with around 200 parts. I'm working on one of them right now and this part is setup by an skeleton... 
However, I didn't build this model. I want to know a few things:

- In the image below are a lot of projected geometry and I wonder, is there a feature which allows you to see from what sketch the line is from? (most right circle for example) I mean I could select sketches and double check the data but this would be so much easier and faster! (the link must be somewhere, why not show it?)

- Is there already a solution for the clustered constrains? It's not really obvious now..

Thanks!

My excuses for my somewhat weird English grammar where applicable. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Anyone? 

IS there such a thing in Inventor?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

i dont know if i'm understanding you correctly but i'll give it a shot. make sure your select tool is on "select sketch features" (top left of IV screen), select the line. right click, find in browser.

Message 4 of 7
swhite
in reply to: machiel.veldkamp

If there is projected geometry from a sketch outside of the part (from another part), the sketch will have a little + next to it (unless they broke the link - or held down the cntrl key while projecting geometry - breaks adaptivity), open that up and it will list the projected items. But no, it will not tell you what part it is referenced to sadly. You can break those links, or redefine them, but that's about it. Best bet is to open it up in the assembly, so you can trace it back to the part it is likely projected from.

Don't worry about spelling or grammer as long as the first and last letters are correct 🙂 See attached.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
torbjorn
in reply to: swhite

This is a function I really miss myself;  to be able to trace references. This is just one example, and I believe that those who have responed maybe didn't catch the point of Machiel.

I this case there is a sketch, one line is projected from another sketch or edge in the same part. Machiel (and myself) want to know which sketch or which edge this line orginates from, because the current sketch needs to be updated. (To delete the line or project constraint is not a preferred solution, as it might change the design intent of the skeleton) 

I have been looking for ways to trace:

- what is the orginating object for a projected line or loop in a sketch?

- what is the sketch plane of this specific sketch?

- And in case of adaptivity; which component is referenced for a specific adaptive feature.

If anyone has solutions of work-arounds for these cases, please share.

Regards

Torbjørn

Message 6 of 7
machiel.veldkamp
in reply to: torbjorn

A kudo for you, my good sir.

Look in here and if you don't find it add it and let us know and we will support the idea.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report