Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch-TextBox Style

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ADNpati
1418 Views, 9 Replies

Sketch-TextBox Style

Hello mates,

I need to know is there a way to change TextBox Text Style from default to some thing else????? 

Please it very confusing and like a maze to change it???

Please help....

Sketch Style.JPG

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
VdVeek
in reply to: ADNpati

You need to create your own DEFAULT-ISO template.

Open a random IDW file, then open the stylemanager from the Manage Tab. Select a text-style and create an New style. Name the new Style DEFAULT-ISO and make your changes in this style. Inventor will use this style in the sketch.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 10
ADNpati
in reply to: VdVeek

Hello Rob,

I have tried that before posting and did today as well but no luck mate... 

Went to default idw template, added new text style and opend a part and did sketch and when I am entering a text box is  is still Default ISO.

Sketch 2.JPG

Sketch 1.JPG

Can you show me If you had any luck with it or Am i Missing something here?? in doing that??

correct me if I am wrong...

Best regards

AD

Mechanical Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 10
LT.Rusty

You need to create a new text style called DEFAULT-ISO, and it has to be EXACTLY the same in terms of characters, caps, etc.  You also need to make sure your style library is read-write, and once you've created it save it to the style library. 

You're trying to mess around with stuff that for one reason or another Autodesk doesn't want you messing with.  There's just no way to accomplish what you want without doing it, though.

The whole process is set out pretty well here.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
ADNpati
in reply to: LT.Rusty

A new  DEFAULT_ISO ??? where it shold be created ?? In Styles ot Text or Object Defaults ???? I did in Text and no luck my friend..

Can you please tell me more??? Procedures....

Very Helpful, thanks mate,

Regards,

AD

Mechanical Engineer

Message 6 of 10
LT.Rusty

Look at the link in my last post, the guy that wrote that up did a thorough job explaining it.

Also, if you call it DEFAULT_ISO it won't work.  Gotta have the characters EXACTLY the same.

One other caveat: in what you're doing, there's no way to set different styles, so if you have a couple different styles you want to use with sketched text, you're SOL.  The only thing you're going to be able to do is go back and re-do the whole style hack to make it a different default, or do manual changes for everything that needs to be different.  Pick the one you use the most and set it, then make manual changes for variations.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
ADNpati

Looked at the link  my friend... So the only way is to edit the style to changing text style parameters. But not to create another style.

If you see this Link from Inventor Help It says we can choose style  by clicking dropdown button.

Sketch 3.JPG

It says Click arrow and select from list of available style..

what do you think of that???

Mechanical Engineer

Message 8 of 10
LT.Rusty

I think you've uncovered a flaw in the documentation, my friend, because that is most certainly incorrect information.

Just go back to the link I provided and try it.  I promise you, it works.  I used that technique to edit the sketch text defaults on my machine a couple months back.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
ADNpati

I am Convienced with your Info and got the DEFAULT-ISO in Text Style of idw and it is working fine (with Default style).

But I looking to get an option to have another style, a couple. but NOO LUCK...

May be I should point it to Autodesk.

Will Update you with that in thread.

Regards My Friend.

AD

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, and Some Kudos -

Mechanical Engineer

Message 10 of 10
SBix26

Post your suggestion here: Inventor IdeaStation

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report