Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation functions and results

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
danielel
560 Views, 11 Replies

Simulation functions and results

Hello!

I am currently using Technology preview with inventor prof 2009.

Will there be any temperature models in the 2010 simulation ?
I want to simulate a cast-in product

And regarding the results, Is it just von Mises stress, and the principal stresses that could be seen.
I want the information regarding the Tresca stress as well, is that available ?

And one more thing, in ASTP can I click on any surface and see the result at a certain point? Sometimes it is a little bit tricky reading the results from the colorbar

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
garytang
in reply to: danielel

Daniel,

Q: Will there be any temperature models in the 2010 simulation ?
A: Not in R2010, it will come in future releases.

Q: And regarding the results, Is it just von Mises stress, and the principal stresses that could be seen.
I want the information regarding the Tresca stress as well, is that available ?
A: No Tresca stress, but you can easily calculate it based on principal stresses or stress components at any point.

Q: And one more thing, in ASTP can I click on any surface and see the result at a certain point? Sometimes it is a little bit tricky reading the results from the colorbar.
A: In both ASTP and Inventor Simulation R2010, you can probe result values at any point of a selected surface.

Regards,

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 3 of 12
hbaroudi

Hello,

I'm testing 2010 simulation and I want to know if it's possible :
- to see von Mises stress inside the thickness between part faces ? like seeing virtual ''cutting'' ?
- to change intermediate values of the result scale (between max and min) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Fabien CAMELIO
Message 4 of 12
garytang

Fabien,

WRT to your questions:

Q: to see von Mises stress inside the thickness between part faces ? like seeing virtual ''cutting'' ?
A: No. It would be nice to have but usually interesting values are on the surface, not inside.

Q: - to change intermediate values of the result scale (between max and min) ?
A: Yes, you can set max and min in the Color bar, the results are shown in the desired range. Besides, you can use "Probe" to display values at a particular position.

Hope this helps,

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 5 of 12
hbaroudi

Thanks for your answers.

I have one more question :
Q: to see von Mises stress inside the thickness between part faces ? like seeing virtual ''cutting'' ?
A: No. It would be nice to have but usually interesting values are on the surface, not inside.

So Q : I study a tube with several internal reinforcements. How I can see the stress on the reinforcements inside the tube ?

Regards.

Fabien CAMELIO
Message 6 of 12
garytang

Fabien,

"So Q : I study a tube with several internal reinforcements. How I can see the stress on the reinforcements inside the tube ?"

You can follow:

1] Perform analysis, get results you want.
2] While the results are shown, from File > Save Copy As, save as dwf file format.
3] now a dwf file should be open in Autodesk Design Review [ADR]
4] in ADR, you can cut the part/assembly with a slicing phane, which should allow you to show the results of your interest inside the tube. Note it shows surface results, not solid internal results. Again, the max/min value usually should be in the surface, in your case, the surface of the reinforcements inside the tube.

Hope it helps,

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 7 of 12
swalton

I like the DWF workflow for displaying results. I am using 2009 and am looking forward to 2010.

I would like some enhancements in it though. I would like load and constraint information in the dwf. I would also like to be able to chose any of the defined results (Von Mises stress, Deflection, etc) as part of the dwf output.

Currently, I have to make a new dwf for each result that I want and then manually combine them. I also have to manually add text boxes to show loads and constraints.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi swalton,

I've logged wishlist item 1227317 for adding
this functionality to a future release of Inventor Simulation.

We appreciate your feedback!

Best regards, -Hugh
Message 9 of 12
hbaroudi

Many thanks for these answers. It will help me to validate the using of Simulation 2010.

To be complete, could you answer the last question :
- Do the solid internal results will be avaliaible in future releases of Inventor Simulation ?

Regards.

Fabien CAMELIO
Message 10 of 12
garytang

Fabien,

Thanks for validating the using of Simulation 2010. To anwser your question, yes, displaying solid internal results, among other features, will be made available in future releases.

Enjoy feature-enriched powerful Simulation 2010.

Gary Tang
Autodesk Inc.
Message 11 of 12
rsingh01

I have few questions on Stress/Dynamic Simulation from Autodesk 2010

Stress Simulation: What kind of element does Inventor uses for FEA, I know its a 3d element but dont know which type? and also what is the element behavior means is it Plain stress or Plain strain?

Dynamic Simulation: when I export the parts/part for FEA, how does inventor assign the constraints? I am aware of the fact that it resole the inertial forces on the selected joints but now sure abt the constraints? (please see the attached images)

Dynamic Simulation: If you see the attached image-2, here I have grounded frame with rotating central part (closed cage), with the two motors at two opposite joints, now for the system it needs only one dof to be defined and here it is over defined if put motor on both ends so to remove redundancy I have to define motion on only one motor, so in that case when I define only one revolut joint how can I pick bot the joint so that I can get the resultant forces on each joint for FEA

I would really appreciate you response

regards
Rav Edited by: rsingh01 on Jun 10, 2009 7:16 PM
Message 12 of 12
rsingh01

I have few questions on Stress/Dynamic Simulation from Autodesk 2010

Stress Simulation: What kind of element does Inventor uses for FEA, I know its a 3d element but dont know which type? and also what is the element behavior means is it Plain stress or Plain strain?

Dynamic Simulation: when I export the parts/part for FEA, how does inventor assign the constraints? I am aware of the fact that it resole the inertial forces on the selected joints but now sure abt the constraints? (please see the attached images)

Dynamic Simulation: If you see the attached image-2, here I have grounded frame with rotating central part (closed cage), with the two motors at two opposite joints, now for the system it needs only one dof to be defined and here it is over defined if put motor on both ends so to remove redundancy I have to define motion on only one motor, so in that case when I define only one revolut joint how can I pick bot the joint so that I can get the resultant forces on each joint for FEA

I would really appreciate you response

regards
Rav Edited by: rsingh01 on Jun 10, 2009 7:16 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report