Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrink part in middle

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pball
793 Views, 3 Replies

Shrink part in middle

I have a part which is lets say 10ft long. Now I need to modify that to be 9.5ft. Is there a simple way to remove that .5ft from the center of the part?

I just need a way to cut out a .5ft section in the middle and then put the two remaining pieces back together. Doing this would be much easier than editing the sketches for the part, especially since I may have to change the amount that is cut out and that would change the number of holes and features.

Attached is a picture of the parts i have to edit and some lines to show the section that needs to get removed.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: pball

Split

Move Body

Combine

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: pball

Use patterned features rather Tahoe sketching them all. Remember that you can suppress features conditionally.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 4
pball
in reply to: PaulMunford

Unfortunately the features aren't that evenly spaced so using a pattern wouldn't work too well. I went with split/move method and although it takes a few steps and some time, I can change amount cut out with a single parameter. Even went as far to link the individual pieces in the assembly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report