Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2014 Import Loading Status Failed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Neil_Cross
574 Views, 1 Reply

Showcase 2014 Import Loading Status Failed

Hey.

I'm having problems importing Inventor parts into Showcase 2014.  Any part, I've tried creating a brand new Part, modelling a box and importing that and it fails.  I've tried the Inventor sample models, they fail.  I've tried sample files from Inventor 2014 & 2013.

I'm running Inventor 2014 SP1.  I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.

*I've downloaded and installed the model documentation hotfix for rse.dll and validated the version as being 18.0.15100.2, the problem still persists.  The models convert, but then fail to load.  

I also have the latest Showcase 2014 hotfix installed.

I've tried completely reinstalling showcase, directconnect 2014, still doesn't work.  I'm completely at a loss to why this isn't working now.

Showcase Fail.jpg

The above is very confusing.  Part1.ipt is a brand new part with just a box modelled, one attempt it converts then the next it doesn't... all done in the same session.  

Any help would be appreciated, please note the steps I've already taken to remedy this.

Cheers in advance.

rse.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Are you using Windows 8.1?  One of my students had the same issue after "upgrading" to 8.1.  It worked fine in 8, but after 8.1 ... this happened.

The workaround was to export everything to a STEP file, then load the STEP file from within Showcase. 

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report