Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Custom Harness Properties in the BOM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Maxim-CADman77
342 Views, 4 Replies

Show Custom Harness Properties in the BOM

Inventor help states that custom Harness Properties are present in Place Wire Dialog to help user determine which wire to choose.

After wire was placed to harness assy its custom properties (Color, Vendor etc) could be browsed using "Harness Properties" context menu. You even can override or restore value to library value there.

Let now open Bill of Materials and add custom iProperty Column Color or Vendor (or both columns).

Could you see the same as me? There is no values in those columns for wire rows neither overriden nor library's.

I wonder if there is any way to have the values of custom harness properties in the BOM table?

PS: AFAIK there is no even API methods to get to harness component properties and if so its a kind of unreasonable limitation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Inventor version?

Its working in 2014... 

edit... wait...having a custom iproperty from the harness itself is working BUT custom properties of individual wires do NOT show

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: mcgyvr

That was the question. Is there a way to have (show) those values in BOM of 3Dmodel?
Message 4 of 5
aedward
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

does anybody know if this is resolved in the latest version of inventor?

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: aedward

Hi! I believe it is doable. As long as the custom property name is added to the BOM as a column, it should show up. you can also make the change the iam template file, so that it is prepopulated.

If it is not working, please share the files here. It could be a bug or a limitation. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report