Inventor General

Mentor
trumpy81
Message 11 of 14 (91 Views)

Re: Shell Feature causing system to freeze

06-03-2012 08:38 AM in reply to: Pebblebrook

Email it to customer support. They may direct you elsewhere, but it's a start at least. I thought I had an address for lodging bugs etc... but at the moment I can't find it.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Contributor
Pebblebrook
Message 12 of 14 (78 Views)

06-12-2012 08:58 AM in reply to: trumpy81

Interestingly enough, I cannot find even the Customer Support email address from anywhere on their website.  So not sure how to present this issue to them.  Does anyone know the email address?  Thanks.

Working with... Autodesk: AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2013 | OS: Windows 7 | GC: ATI 6670 | Mem: 8 gigs RAM | Proc: Intel core i5 | Monitor: Acer V213HL
*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 13 of 14 (72 Views)

06-12-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: Pebblebrook

Pebblebrook wrote:

... the part is ultra simple, just a few sketches. 

Been several days now.

Have you tried recreating this "ultra simple" part from scratch and verified that the behavior persists?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Contributor
Pebblebrook
Message 14 of 14 (61 Views)

06-13-2012 06:22 AM in reply to: JDMather

Yes, this "ultra simple" part was needed to be redrawn the very next day of course.  Anyway, I have not seen the same complete loss of a time on a project from a bug since with any new files, but we have had repeated varied difficulties with the shell feature, where we have had to work around them, assuming them to be design features.  They are different from the original put in this post, so the real issue of this thread now is how for the client to make it known to Autodesk of the exact issues he or she comes across.  I'd be happy to send the corrupted original file to Autodesk for this last issue and would be happy to explain the others on an individual basis if it would be useful.  It's not that I'm suggesting the shell feature for 2013 is "buggy", but it does seem to "have bugs".  Completely normal for a new version of software.  But what is a client to do?

In any case, love the software...excellent software.  Just trying to help make it better by providing details of what we have come across, so they can get them fixed before others come across them as well. 

Working with... Autodesk: AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2013 | OS: Windows 7 | GC: ATI 6670 | Mem: 8 gigs RAM | Proc: Intel core i5 | Monitor: Acer V213HL

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube