Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ayer.7
246 Views, 2 Replies

Sheetmetal help

Hi I'm using autodesk inventor student edition 2012 and am having trouble accomplishing what I want to do. I have a model (It is a swept circle around a line) I cannot for the life of me get it to where I can create a flat pattern. I tried to split down the length then thicken, that didn't work. I just can't figure out how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for your time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: ayer.7

Have you tried selecting a face (like the interior face of your cylinder) prior to pressing the flat pattern button.. And does your sheet metal style thickness match the part thickness as modeled.

Have you just done it as a cylinder then use the rip command?

Or just sketch it a "C" and use contour flange tool.

Tons of ways to skin this cat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: ayer.7

You should continue a thread for the same problem rather than starting a new one.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Sheetmetal-help/m-p/3111694

Attach your ipt file here.

The SWx demo you linked earlier could have been done with slightly less work.
The solution in Inventor is very similar except that you must do the flat pattern in the derived parts (the SWx demo showed "deriving the individual parts, but the flat in the master multi-body one at a time).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report