Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal R15 Flanges - connecting corners

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Aanu
710 Views, 2 Replies

Sheetmetal R15 Flanges - connecting corners

Hi,

I'm using Inventor 2010 and I have a problem with connecting the sheet metal corners to each other when making round radius flanges. Can you please give me a tip on how to connect the corners to each other (even though this is probably not possible in reality). Even better would be if the flat pattern of the sheet metal part would also look proper.

Note that the short edges are 90 deg bent and longer edges are 75 and 105 deg bent. This also makes creating "corner fill" parts a bit tricky.

Thanks beforehand for your answers,

- Anssi

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
stephenrottloff7259
in reply to: Aanu

Aanu, when creating sheet metal parts, the ends of flanges, and really all part edges, should be 90deg to their adjacent faces. Your extrusion10 in the model breaks this rule.  Delete extrusion10, shorten the long flanges if needed, then apply corner seams to the 4 corners.  Maybe use the linear weld trim shape option.  This should get you closer to what you want.

Stephen R. 

Message 3 of 3
Aanu
in reply to: stephenrottloff7259

Hi Stephen,

I changed the corners to 90 deg which means that I need to make some changes to the main assembly which is acceptable. I also played around a bit with the corner seam tool and got close enough. Thanks for the tip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums