Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal unfolding

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Pentamet
638 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet metal unfolding

Hello,

For some reason I cannot unfold sheet metal product on attached file. Where have I made a mistake? I used extruding, also sheet metal thickness from rule has been set to 2mm. Rest are default values. 

BR,

Marko

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: Pentamet

Your Sketch1 is not constrained and dimensioned.  If you edit the sketch and look in the lower right corner, you will see "48 dimensions needed".  A properly constrained sketch will report "Fully Constrained".  So, you will need to get some training (see Help for tutorials, search here for JDMather's basic skills documents).

Modeling tips: as JDMather often writes to new Inventor users "You're doing way too much work.  Get lazy."  I would use the Contour Flange tool to avoid so much sketching and constraining, and I would model half of this, then mirror.  See the attached for one way to accomplish this.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 3
Pentamet
in reply to: SBix26

Thank You Sam!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report