Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal corner seams

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
222 Views, 11 Replies

Sheet metal corner seams

I need some help with the corner seam tool. I'm trying to create a sheet metal box with mitered flanges as shown in the picture. I'm trying to make the corner relief round, but I can't get IV to make and kind of a corner relief at all. I can see that there seems to be a lot of functionality in the corner seam command, but I can't find much in the Help files to show me how to use it. Does anyone have a tutorial that shows the full functionality of this command? -Mike
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If the relief hole size is smaller then the default relief size Inventor will use the default. Inventor will not show deformed areas. Matt
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I can't get IV to show any kind of relief except what is shown on the screen. I played with the relief size and it had no effect on my model. Do you have any parts that use this that I could look at? "Matt Hendey" wrote in message news:406ad60f_1@newsprd01... > If the relief hole size is smaller then the default relief size Inventor > will use the default. Inventor will not show deformed areas. > > Matt > >
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I forgot, you can't do anything with miters but change the gap that I know of.. I haven't got a clue why. Maybe AD would like to jump in and explain. Matt
Message 5 of 12
Michael_Kidd

It only appears to work on corner seam, not mitres. (see attachments for differences).

Not sure if this is a bug, but i cant see why it shouldn't work.
Message 6 of 12
Michael_Kidd

It only appears to work on corner seam, not mitres. (see attachments for differences).

Not sure if this is a bug, but i cant see why it shouldn't work.
Message 7 of 12
Michael_Kidd

second corner
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I see. I got the relief to work on non-coplanar surfaces, but as you said, it won't work on the miters. I'll just add this to my 'No Can Do' list. Thanks for proving my sanity, -Mike
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

In the past I have used CUT ACROSS BEND to accomplish this. I just haven't tried it for a year or so. Matt
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Michael What ever program you are using to get your screen captures isn't working right. The pictures are either not showing up, or are missing a large portion of the picture. -- Kent Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Michael Kidd" wrote in message news:4260782.1080747400232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It only appears to work on corner seam, not mitres. (see attachments for differences). > > Not sure if this is a bug, but i cant see why it shouldn't work.
Message 11 of 12
Michael_Kidd

sorry..try this
Message 12 of 12
Michael_Kidd

and this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report