Inventor General

Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (1,404 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sheet Metal Rules Inventor 2013

1404 Views, 3 Replies
04-26-2012 10:08 AM

Getting materials set up is turning into a pain with the "improvements" they made to them in 2013.  Right now my issue is with sheet metal rules. They all have the materials set to "generic". I can go in to the styles and standards editor and change it to the specific material I want to use but when I then right click on the sheet metal rule the option to "save to styles library" is grayed out so next time I want to use the same sheet metal rule, I have to go through the process of changing the material again.

Is there a different way of saving sheet metal rules now?

Product Support
Dennis.Ossadnik
Message 2 of 4 (1,327 Views)

Re: Sheet Metal Rules Inventor 2013

05-04-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: prachu

Hi prachu,

please try this workflow:

- open Styles Editor and make your changes to the material in Sheet Metal Rule

- Leave the dialog and save your changes

- now go to the Ribbon Manage - Styles and Standards

- click on Save

--> Now you should be able to save your changes to the library.

(You need read-write in your Style Library.)

Please use the button "Accept as Solution" if it works.

Dennis Ossadnik

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (1,316 Views)

05-04-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: Dennis.Ossadnik

This method appears to work so far but I'm not really sure why. Editing the style library it did say Read/Write already in the top bar before doing this.

Distinguished Contributor
MRanda
Message 4 of 4 (1,200 Views)

05-26-2012 10:23 AM in reply to: prachu

I have been working for hours now with grayed out options that should be there and other goofy behavior for Inventor Materials and Appearances in 2013. Im not sure why they would deliver a product as jacked up as this!  Inventor always was user unfriendly in the materials and colors area ---now it's just a total mess.

Will this be fixed? I have the same grayed out save option, and cannot save local styles whatsoever. I can save to the style library, but need local styles to show the differance ..... or are local styles now a thing of the past?

Mark randa

OpenDesignProject.org

Self built computer with;
Quad core processor
16 gigs ram
Raptor Raid main drives
2 x 1TB Caviar Black storage drives local
2 x 1TB Caviar Black storage drives network backup

Main Software;
Product Design Suite Premium
Windows 7 Home Premium

Website;
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube