Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Formats and Style From Base

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jtylerbc
206 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Formats and Style From Base

I'm working on setting up some sheet formats for a few of our common drawing types.  I'm running into an issue where even though I set them up with all the projected views having "Style from Base" checked, when the sheet is generated from the layout they don't carry that setting over.

The particular one I'm working on needs all the views shaded - as it currently works, both of the base views come in correct, but the two projected views are unshaded because this setting is being lost.  The format is usable, but currently requires an additional step of turning "Style from Base" back on, so it's not where I want it to be.

If I use one of the Autodesk-created sheet formats from the "standard.idw" template, they all seem to work, yet any I create don't.  Am I missing something, or does this just not work?

Inventor 2010, SP1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bobvdd
in reply to: jtylerbc

John,

If you want all your projected views to be rendered in your drawing template, you can work around this limitation by doing the following.

• Create all your views as base views and turn on the render flag in each view.
  • Use the Alignment context menu on the LEFT base view to horizontally align the LEFT base view to the FRONT base view etc.

Bob 

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: bobvdd

Bob,

I suppose that would work.  What I was really hoping for was a way to enable "Style from Base."  This particular one is all-shaded, but that may not always be the case.  However, there are very few cases where we would have the base view in one mode and the projected views in another.

In looking at the behavior a little more closely, I discovered that the issue is even sillier than I thought.  The issue is not whether the sheet format is Autodesk-supplied or user-created (like I first thought), but rather whether the views in it are shaded or not.  If they are not, the "Style from Base" works.  If shaded, "Style from Base" is automatically turned off in the sheet format.

Is there a particular reason for it to behave that way, or is it just a goofy bug?

Message 4 of 4
bobvdd
in reply to: jtylerbc

I think it is just a plain bug. I cannot find a good reason why we would not honor "Style from base" in projected views in a drawing template.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report