Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaded with Edges .dwg Inventor 2013

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jerrys
2802 Views, 9 Replies

Shaded with Edges .dwg Inventor 2013

Is it possible to have an Assembly and/or Presentation as a drawing (.dwg) with a Visual Style of Shaded with Edges?  In particular my black .ipt parts look just fine with white/grey edges except when placing the view in a drawing.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: jerrys

See Application Options

Shaded with edges.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
jerrys

JD,

I do appreciate the fast response.  I have tried that in a variety of colored edges still to no avail.  The 2 attachments show what I am trying to accomplish.  The need for the edges to be shown in the drawing.
Thanx - Jerry

Message 4 of 10
blair

The problem come from the fact that the IDW/DWG enviroment uses Black to show edges in the shaded view. A lighter color for your part may be your only solution

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

The problem come from the fact that the IDW/DWG enviroment uses Black to show edges in the shaded view. A lighter color for your part may be your only solution

I think you can change the layer color for visible edges.

Visible.png

also visible narrow for tangent egdes.

White edges.PNG

If there is also a need for 2D drawing black lines - rather than by layer might have to change the color override manually (window select and right mouse button).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Won't that change them for all views on the drawing sheet? I didn't think you could change the Styles for just a single view.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Won't that change them for all views on the drawing sheet? I didn't think you could change the Styles for just a single view.

That is why I added a bit more information after the image about manually changing line Properties rather than by layer.

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
blair

Still early on the  west coast, it would also help if I scrolled the screen down all the way as well.

Blair

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
jerrys
in reply to: JDMather

JD - That was the trick I was looking for.  I changed the appearance color of the visible layer in the drawing and it started behaving nicely.  Thanx alot.

Message 10 of 10
pkee

I am having the same problem now but I use the Vault along with the Inventor.

My problme is that I OPEN a drawing template and change that layer, put in a quick model to see if it worked - which it did, I then remove the model from that temlate and save it and check it back into the vault because it is a template and shouldnt have any other parts in it etc.

I then click NEW --> pick that template, then bring that same model in and the edges have no changed!!!

I have checked around the place and Im posative that the drawing is set to the correct default/standard etc.

Anyone got any idea's?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report