Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting default values in the Drawing View dialogue box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
james.gordon
425 Views, 4 Replies

Setting default values in the Drawing View dialogue box

Inventor 2012.

Is there a way of setting the default values that are displayed in the 'Drawing View' dialogue box?

We wish to make the 'Section Standard Parts' default to ALWAYS rather than OBAY BROWSER SETTINGS.

Ideally I would like this setting to be drawing specific - i.e. can be set via a template rather than require changing settings on each machine - i've seen that you can change it as a global setting in the Application options...

Many thanks,

James

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: james.gordon

James,

I have never done what you are asking, but given the fact that these settings don't take affect until views are placed, I am wondering if you can get this set by creating predefined views in your drawing templates.  Then in those views set this.

Another thought, like you mentioned these can be set in the application options.  With that said, while I have not had any luck doing this, some have.  Change these settings on your machine then export those settings and reload them on your co-workers machines.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
cbenner
Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: cbenner

The application options was the only think that I could think of as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
james.gordon

Thanks all for your help; I think we'll just go with the Application options setting.

Regards,

James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report