Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting background color

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
newcomer
6066 Views, 3 Replies

Setting background color

Inventor uses a gradient-fill gray background for the 3D views.  This has many annoyances, such as parts of the image disappear at certain rotations because they render to the same color as the background.  More seriously, when I want to print the orthogonal 3D view, I get the gray background on the printout, which looks profoundly ugly, and obscures some of the critical information I want to see.  Is there a way to either (a) change the background to something other than gray-gradient?  (I'd settle for something like light-blue-gradient, for example) and (b) tell the print command to not print the gray background (but if I change it to solid white, this would solve the problem)

joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: newcomer

You will still get the background. There is a free App called "ScreenShot" (app store accessed via the grey/blue "X" in the upper RH corner. It will allow for a "white-screen" regardless of the screen background.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: newcomer

I think the gradient is easier on my eyes for long periods of work.  However, I agree that it doesn't look good on printouts or other presentation materials.

If I need to get a print or screen image, I will temporarily switch the color scheme to Presentation, then set the background to 1 color.  That will make a white background.  I get the image I need, then I switch it back to my normal working color scheme.

White Background.PNG

I have also created a large PNG image file with nothing but white.  When I need a white background but want to keep my working color scheme, I set the background to "Background Image" and choose my white PNG file.

White Background Other.PNG

Both methods work well for me.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: cwhetten

I used to switch back and for changing the environment backgrounds ( I work all the time in the Presentation with the gradient setting as well) The Snapshot app is less clicks (like the Classic Environment).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report