Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set material as parameter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
m.rondeel
2496 Views, 4 Replies

Set material as parameter

Hi,

I would like to have the material, color etc. as parameter so i can change it with an ilogic form. 

In this video you can see what i mean:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Videos/ilogic_form_designer_edit_form

When I make a ilogic form i can only select parameters and iproperties.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi m.rondeel,

There is an example of setting up a form to do this exact thing in Chapter 20 of Mastering Autodesk Inventor 2012, but since you're asking I assume you don't have that book around. Smiley Wink

So here's a snippet that will pull the materials found in the part into a multivalue parameter (that you create ahead of time) and then will list them in a listbox, and then it changes the part to used the selected material. This should get you pointed in the right direction.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

MultiValue.List("Material_List") = iProperties.Materials
Material_List= InputListBox("Select a Material", MultiValue.List _
("Material_List"), Material_List, "iLogic", "Available Materials")
iProperties.Material = Material_List
iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True
Message 3 of 5

I don't really like the fact that i have to use a rule and program it, would like this to be changed by Autodesk.

But yes, this solution works great,  thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 5
LewisLusby
in reply to: m.rondeel

Hi Curtis,

Im doing something similar but working with an assembly. Can i drive the Material parameter from here? Im nearly there, I'll attach a snapshot.

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 5 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: LewisLusby

The way I handle this is to replicate the material parameters and code as listed above into the part that I want to control and then use code in the assembly level to control the material parameter in the part.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report