Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Communication Error. Custom Content Center.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cvbt-thailand
623 Views, 1 Reply

Server Communication Error. Custom Content Center.

I am trying to replace an unresolved standard part with a component from a custom content center in a stand-alone installation.  I get this error message:

"There was a problem encountered while communicating with the server. Please check the network connection and server status."

I can place the same component from the content center.

The content center component family was created as "save to" from an ANSI standard.

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Some one else created this file and used component from a content center family that I no longer have access to nor want to use.  I cannot see the components.  I'd like to replace them to retain their mates which give their location and orientation in the assembly.  I have tried to replace the components in two ways: 

• - select component, right click, replace from content center
  • - replace from content center and then select component

Both give the same error (as per my previous post):

ReplaceFromCC.jpg

I've checked all my updates. 

My Work Around:

Place from content center the component I want to use to replace.  Just place out in an open space.  In doing so I will save this created component in my directory (IV prompts me to accept a descriptive name).

I then:

Replace component and select the one I just saved.  It appears in the correct location; all mates are retained (a couple welds are lost).

I then delete my placed component (the one that is not mated to anything, just out in open space) from the assembly.

Reference:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Replacing-a-CC-Component/m-p/2800996/highlight/true#...

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report