Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-One
487 Views, 2 Replies

Sectioned View Rep & Drawing

I have a 3/4 sectioned view rep (Locked) in an assembly. On a drawing, When I select the correct view rep,

- I don't get the save view orientation ( though It show/hide the correct parts). I was expecting this because I had locked in 3D

- I don't get to see the 3/4 section

Any body else experience this?

Thanks

C1

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAD-One
in reply to: CAD-One

I think ability to create Design views, Section them & Lock them in the desired orientation is a great feature.

Too bad we cant utilize this in drawings.

I had to use Break out views alternatively.

C1

Autodesk Inventor 2011

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 3 of 3
DaveRank3265
in reply to: CAD-One

I'm also looking for the ability to see an assembly section in a view placed on a drawing using view representations.

The best way I know right now is to literally create a cut in the assembly.  The problem is, I have different positions of some components involved.  I cannot use any view representations because the cust travels with the part orientation rather than letting the section cut through regardless of orientation.

In the drawing, I need a 3/4 view of a 1/4 section.  Can't get there from here using auxiliary views or sections in the drawing.

--rcc Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report