Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

Section view won't work w/ view reps.

177 Views, 1 Replies
12-20-2012 11:04 AM

I have a model that I want to show a top view that is cropped and then show a section cut from that view.  I need to shut off the ceiling in the top view but I want to show the ceiling in the section view.  I've set up view reps of OVHD-ON/OFF.  When I crop the original, do a section cut, and then manually turn off the visibility of the overhead it works fine.  It only sections the area that was cropped and the view shows a sectioned ceiling.  The problem is when I want to set up a view rep for the space.  When I use the view rep then the overhead shows in the section view past the crop line.  What gives?

On the attached picture you'll see what the section view looks like after I manually turn off the OVHD visibility on the left (what I want) and the right shows what happens when I use the view representations.. 

Product Support
innovatenate
Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

Re: Section view won't work w/ view reps.

12-21-2012 04:06 PM in reply to: jpblower

Do you have the associative box checked for the drawing views? It's the radio box with a chain icon in the top right hand area of Design Views in the Edit View dialogue. 

Are you manually a value into the Margins field of the Edit Drawing View > Model State tab?

Another feature that may help is the Tools > Documents Settings > Modeling Tab > Participate in Assembly and Drawing Section option. 

Nathan Chandler

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube