Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view from sketch issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kalkis04
511 Views, 6 Replies

Section view from sketch issue.

Hello,

I need an urgent solution to my issue.

1.  I have created section view from a sketch (a line constrained to the projection of a work plane) from my derived part to my drawing using the "Get model sketches ".
  2.  When i update the iassembly and update the the view using model state the view tries to update but throws an error see attached document.
  3. When i delete the section line and create a section line manually ie. by creating a normal sketch in the drawing the same model gets updated without any error.
  4. Any help would be appreciated
    BR

Kishore 

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
okaleja
in reply to: kalkis04

If it is possible, could you please send me your dataset at otoDOTkalejaATautodeskDOTcom for investigation?

Thanks,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 7
kalkis04

Hi,

Thanks for your reply .Yes i am sending you right now.

Message 4 of 7
kalkis04

Hi,

I have found out the possible bug in inventor.

Here is the data set for producing the error.

Note:

It happens only for iAssembly derived section views.

The errors that are showing up during the updation of the iAssembly is equal to the no. of dimensions used for constraining the section line.

Message 5 of 7
kalkis04

Hi,

Now I find that even for ordinary models the error is coming. When the model updates the error throws up. I wonder whether my working method is wrong. Any help would be most appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
kalkis04

The error is happening in IV 2012. Is this the issue in all versions of Inventor. Or what is the correct method of working with section views from sketch?

Message 7 of 7
kalkis04

Attached is the most basic form of the error. Any one can reproduce it and tell whether its the issue only for me or its for all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report