Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
andrewdroth
Message 1 of 6 (885 Views)

Section view annotation and label customization.

885 Views, 5 Replies
06-21-2012 01:13 PM

I'd like to customize the way our section marker terminators look. More like an architactual style drawing.

section view annotations.png

Is there any way to do this?

I'd also like to add the sheet number that the section is cut from to the section view label.

section view label.png

As far as I can tell, this propertie is not available for insertion in the view lable. Is there a way to make it available?

The need for these changes come from larger drawing sets were the section is cut on one sheet and shown on another. We'd like to link the sheet numbers in both the section marker terminator and view label.

Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 2 of 6 (857 Views)

Re: Section view annotation and label customization.

07-01-2012 06:41 PM in reply to: andrewdroth

Hi,

I don't think its possible at the moment. I have logged this as a wishlist. I will check whether there is anyway to do this through a Macro. Will keep you posted.

Vinod Balasubramanian
Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 3 of 6 (853 Views)

07-01-2012 09:01 PM in reply to: andrewdroth

ive was asking for this at least 6 years ago

Its a structural / architectural thing, so the Inventor team never realy seamed interested as it is a mechanical package.

The newer techs seem a bit more keen to listen so you might get somewhere now ( i gave up a long time ago and just havent got around to pushing that barrow for a while)

This type of symbol is asked for to satisfy some checkers and design managers who dont realy understand the difference between drafting standards and types of drawings and insist on using structural symbols on mechanical drawings and or use a mechanical package to create structural drawings, rather than using the appropriate software for the job (there are plenty of structural and architectuaral packages that have the symbols your after built in)

As a workaround, I have the structural callouts as sketched symbols. Its a bit clumsy but gets the job done.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Product Support
VinodBalasubramanian
Message 4 of 6 (815 Views)

07-22-2012 04:04 AM in reply to: andrewdroth

Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums.

The issue that you describe has been reported by other customers to Autodesk and is being researched by our development team.

We will keep you posted with an update soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian
jaanhurditch
Message 5 of 6 (683 Views)

11-23-2012 07:57 AM in reply to: andrewdroth

I second the need for this type of customisation in my current position. This inability makes management very reluctant to embrace 'new' software when all the original ways of doing things cannot be done and you end up with drawings from different packages not looking consistent.

Distinguished Contributor
andrewdroth
Message 6 of 6 (192 Views)

03-05-2014 07:00 AM in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

So it's almost been a couple years now, any update on this?

Can someone from Autodesk let me know if this is something that we should be able to excpect in a future release?

I just whant to know if it will ever happen, I could probably link a dozen posts of people asking the same question in the last 8 years.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube