Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section through Shafts, keys bolts, nuts ... in Dwg mode - ASME Y14.3

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
nknehme
5331 Views, 10 Replies

Section through Shafts, keys bolts, nuts ... in Dwg mode - ASME Y14.3

Is there an option in drawing mode to exclude certain parts from a section view.

According to ASME Y14.3 parts such as shafts, keys bolts and nuts should be excluded in sectional view.

Its not just removing the Hatching, the part has to show completely.

The closest I found in Inventor is that you can exclude Standard parts from being sectioned. Some of my parts are not in the standard library.

I would like to have the option to choose which parts I want to section and which ones I don't.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ampster401
in reply to: nknehme

No mention of what version of Inventor you are using, the answer will vary slightly.

In Inventor 2011, after creating a section view, locate the item in the browser and right-click on it, then choose "Section Participation" then choose one of three choices.

May not be related, but a number of versions ago we discovered that if you can't find what you are looking for, right-clicking somewhere or on something is bound to provide the command or option you were seeking.

HTH

Message 3 of 11
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi nknehme,

There are 2 methods to do this. The first method (described earlier by ampster) controls whether or not the component is sectioned in a drawing view. The other way to do this is to set the section participation for the model file, so that by default it is set not to section in any drawing views. Go to the Tools tab, click the Document Settings button, activate the Modeling tab, and then set the Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections option. This setting can be overridden in each drawing view as well.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 11
nknehme

Thanks guys, it worked.

It wasn't that obvious to me. Something like this should be included in the section view of the documentation.

Message 5 of 11
alfiyow
in reply to: ampster401

Iam using inventor 2012 and dont find section participation options and Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections in modeling tab,

So is there another way to solve this in cad 2012?

Message 6 of 11
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: alfiyow

@alfiyow wrote:

Iam using inventor 2012 and dont find section participation options and Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections in modeling tab,

So is there another way to solve this in cad 2012?

Hi alfiyow,

Edit the model you do not want sectioned and go to the Tools tab, click the Document Settings button, activate the Modeling tab, and then set the Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections option.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 7 of 11
CAD-e-Shack

I've followed the instructions but my Modeling tab does not have the option for selecting participants. I'm using Inventor 2011

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 11

@ampster401 wrote:

In Inventor 2011, after creating a section view, locate the item in the browser and right-click on it, then choose "Section Participation" then choose one of three choices.

Hi fehr2588,

I might have confused the issue with my reply by not stating that this was for pre 2010 versions. See the reply from ampster concerning the right-click.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

Message 9 of 11
ampster401
in reply to: CAD-e-Shack

Hello fehr2588,

For Inventor 2011, this is done while having the drawing open and by locating the item within the Browser Bar, not from within the screenshot you are showing.

You will need to do this from within the Section View detail in the Browser Bar, ref red circle below.

section_participation-example.png

Message 10 of 11
azott
in reply to: ampster401

hi
i can't do this in iv2013
i have done check or uncheck Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections option tab but it didn't. hatching views seemed.
Message 11 of 11
azott
in reply to: azott

i have done it thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums