Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaffolding Systems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
2516 Views, 4 Replies

Scaffolding Systems

Looking at modeling a scaffold system.  I see a few problem areas and was wondering if anyone else had done it.  What problems arose?

I was considering doing the frames in frame generator so that I could do a quick analysis on the frame, but I also want a complete parts list for the structure.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Martin_Goodland
in reply to: karthur1

Hi karthur1

I have just started to look at doing some scaffold with Inventor 2012, ideally using the frame generator, and was curious how you got on ?

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023
Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: Martin_Goodland

Martin,

Did not build the scaffold system using the FG.  I did make a simple frame so that I could analyze the loads on each member.  No reason that you could not do this, but the FG does not work well with our "standard" parts when it comes to our BOM.

Kirk

Message 4 of 5
wong_becik
in reply to: karthur1

Greeting,

I am a new user of Autodesk Inventor and i am planning in designing scaffolding system tipe tube and coupler. can any body tell me how and where to start? are the parts already existed and all i have to do is assembly, or should i draw the parts first? i tried drawing the parts, but it's just felt hard without the dimension data.

best regard,

wong

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: wong_becik

Help>Learning Tools>Skill Builders and Tutorials

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/0127-Inventor127/0721-Frame_Ge7...

Do the tutorials on Frame Generator (actually should probably start right at the beginning before moving on to Frame Generator).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report