Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving files as dwg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
375 Views, 3 Replies

Saving files as dwg

Hi All,

I have asked this question before on several forums without any resolution.  I have just purchased a new computer running Windows 7.  My Inventor is 2011 Professional - Student.  Now without anything else installed I installed my Inventor program, so everthing is clean and Inventor cannot be interferred with by anything else.

Yet I still cannot save/export a drawing to Autocad dwg of dxf.  Why!!  Both programs are from the same stable - Autodesk.  Catia is there along with Parasolid, Pro/Engineer etc.  Surely there is something that either I'm not doing right or the program is faulty.

WHAT PRAY IS THE ANSWER!!

Dave R

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rbarnhill8138
in reply to: Anonymous

i do not believe the student version will allow you to do this. if it were to allow you, then you could remove the plot stamp about educational version blah blah... sorrySmiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: rbarnhill8138

@rbarnhill8138 wrote:

i do not believe the student version will allow you to do this....

There is no difference in functionality between the commercial license and the student license.
I have run student license (as an instructor) for years and can save as dwg  or dxf just fine.

Was Inventor installed with UAC and anti-virus off?
Have you installed all Service Packs?
Where is your instructor, it would be far easier to diagnose this problem sitting at the keyboard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi There,

YES, I made doublely sure that UAC was turned off and being a new computer I have not put any Anti-Virus programs on yet.  One thing I did notice when installing Inventor was a tick box that basically sain to install Inventor in default mode of with Autocad settings, or some such wording.  I opted for default mode thinking that this is only for the menu bars - Right or Wrong?

Best Rgds,

Dave R

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report