Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving .IDW to AutoCAD .DWG with polylines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LiliaE
410 Views, 3 Replies

Saving .IDW to AutoCAD .DWG with polylines

Why can't I save .IDW to AutoCAD .DWG with polylines, like I can save Flat Patten, where I can choose to do lines to polylines.

When I save .IDW to AutoCAD .DWG, I get mass of lines grouped together. When I ungroup them it became to be just thousands of lines.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: LiliaE

Lilia,

Typically polylines are an Autocad function that does not transfer out as polylines, but normal lines because other softwares don't know how to recognise them as anything else.  If you look at this link from the help file it breaks down how Autocad (.dwg) files translate into Inventor.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-F95BD57E-3B27-472F-8D3E-9A4D08E6B6B4

Sounds like you are saying while transferring the .idw out with polylines in them and Autocad is not recognising them as such?  Inventor doesn't even have polylines.  The other issue you have going on when you say you end up with multiple lines sounds like it could be what the help file describes as mesh lines.  Can you post your .dwg file for me to look at?

At the very least post an image of what you are seeing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
LiliaE

Hi,

I just want, at AutoCad DWG will end with as many polylines us possible, so it is easy to add something and work with them afterword.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Lilia Ellgaard
Mechanical & System Engineer

TORMAX Danmark A/S
DK-7323 Give
Phone: +45 75 73 90 66
Direct Phone: +45 76 70 12 34
Cell Phone: +45 53 54 54 95
Fax: +45 75 73 94 55
development@tormax.dk I www.tormax.dk:http:>:http:>

[TormaxLogoMail]
Message 4 of 4
Cadmanto

Lilia,

I am sorry, but I cannot help you if you do not answer the questions or address what I have asked in my last posting.

I understand this is what you want, you have stated that.  Now we need to dive deeper.  Answer my questions and do what I have requested and we can move on to possibly finding you a solution.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report