Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save File Error "File Rename Error on Save"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thgerle
991 Views, 2 Replies

Save File Error "File Rename Error on Save"

When i try to check in my files i get this error.
"File rename error on save - Cannot create a file when that file already exists"

I have looked through the Discussions and have had no luck finding an answer.

When i try to do a save i get this error

Problems encountered while saving the document. Could not rename new document version from \\Autovault2009\Vault\JWC\Rotary Screen\36 X 48\Assembly\Drum\drum\MDC-0003-0001-SS304.newVer.ipt to \\Autovault2009\Vault\JWC\Rotary Screen\36 X 48\Assembly\Drum\drum\MDC-0003-0001-SS304.ipt The database in \\Autovault2009\Vault\JWC\Rotary Screen\36 X 48\Assembly\Drum\drum\MDC-0003-0001-SS304.ipt could not be saved

I am running inventor 2009 on a windows xp sp3, with a server running windows server 2003 sp2.
SQL server 2005 with net.frameworks 2.0.50727 on server and client.

Any information would be great! Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thgerle
in reply to: thgerle

I figured out what the problem is. Needed to add a group with permissions to edit the files, and add the group to the Parent folder. When the files are created the files only have permissions to be edited by admin, or creator.
Message 3 of 3
keithdoran
in reply to: thgerle

can you elaborate on the process that you put in place to correct the issue, what was the user permissions that needed to be corrected?

I'm using 2011 Inventor with Windows xp pro 64 so I imagine the issue should be able to be resolved in a similar fashion.

KD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report