Inventor General

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (493 Views)
Accepted Solution

Save As...... Previous Inventor format??

493 Views, 2 Replies
02-01-2013 11:10 AM

Greetings all,

Question:

Is it possible to save an Inventor model/dwg/assembly to a previous version of Inventor. (from 2013 to 2012, specifically)

I'm not sure if that is even an issue, but I don't have a version of Inventor earlier than 2013 to try it.  A customer is asking this question so they can view our Inventor files.  I spent quite a bit of time, looking for an option, but was unsuccesful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this.  :-)

Distinguished Mentor
ampster
Message 2 of 3 (485 Views)

Re: Save As...... Previous Inventor format??

02-01-2013 11:33 AM in reply to: sw_convert

save-as-search.png

A search would have saved you the post!

The answer is the same for all solid modeling packages...

No.

Only option from 2013 is to save out as stp.

Couple of options for the 2012 (or previous versions) user is to open the stp or possibly download and install the feature recognition add-on from Autodesk Labs.

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (469 Views)

Re: Save As...... Previous Inventor format??

02-01-2013 12:48 PM in reply to: ampster

Thank you! 

Apologize for my laziness...... stressful, high pressure day, so posted and went back to work focus.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube