Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRESS ANALYSIS ON A BOLT IN SINGLE SHEAR

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cgelang
681 Views, 8 Replies

STRESS ANALYSIS ON A BOLT IN SINGLE SHEAR

Hello everyone.

My Stress analysis will run and process after i hit simulate but did not return result(Results tree is empty)

Anybody knows what's this please.

I'm running autodesk inventor pro 2013.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cgelang
in reply to: cgelang

changing subject title.. thanks

Message 3 of 9
LT.Rusty

Attach you files here, we'll take a look for you.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
cgelang
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thank LT.

Please see attached part.

Very basic try.
 But after simulate, it says computing results but when done model tree is empty.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 9
Roelof.Feijen

Hi,

Do you have the visibility of Textures enabled?

See: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/10/colors-missing-on-model-after-stress-analy...

Your sample runs fine on my laptop. See the screenshot in the attachment.

Roelof Feijen

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Message 6 of 9
cgelang
in reply to: Roelof.Feijen

Thanks rfeijen,

I've checked and the texture is ON.

Please see attached, this is the result after running, though it computes and run simulate button.

Thanks for your time.

Message 7 of 9
LT.Rusty

The image you attached in your last post ... I'm not sure what that is?

Anyway, your simulation.  I got it to run, but it took forever to mesh.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't run for you?

Anyway, about the mesh ... it's pretty dense, and probably far denser than you really need, especially around the outside.  Be aware that Inventor's FEA doesn't really like working with things that have a very high ratio of length and / or width to thickness.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
cgelang
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thanks LT for running at your end, I think it has to do with my installation, I'll try to un-install and re-install inventor and see the result. Thanks also for the hints about the mesh dense, if you don't mind, what is the commen setting fo mesh to get fair result.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
LT.Rusty

I start off leaving the mesh settings alone.  Just use the defaults, for a starting point.  After your first run (which will be a LOT quicker) you can adjust things locally, or use the convergence settings to refine things.  I generally do my first run with defaults, and then set the convergence to run again until it either hits 5% convergence or does 3-5 levels of refinement.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report