Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STP Files Are Blank

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
-Aaron-
1754 Views, 4 Replies

STP Files Are Blank

I don't know what settings are different between PCs, but I can no longer open STP files on my machine.  The part opens up with no features showing.  Previous version required me to add a parameter to the Environment Settings, but I've seen that that no longer works after SP1 for IV 2010.  I can open the files on another PC here at work, without issue, save as a part and send it to myself, but I don't want to keep doing that...

This problem is recent, and have had no issues opening them before with the system I have.  Any one have any ideas?? The STP file is attached if anyone feels like taking a look at it.  I've downloaded many of this company's STP files before.

Thanks in advance,

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: -Aaron-

Try setting it to NOT create an html report (this is a setting in later versions - I think you have to edit the registry in earlier versions).  There should be a thread here on the topic somewhere - but I've given up on the Search tool here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: JDMather

Also, make sure all Service Packs have been installed.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 5
-Aaron-
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Thanks guys for the replies.  I do have my IV up to date with the service packs and any hotfixes that apply.  

Funny thing, I have no problem opening up the attached STP file.

The only issue I can see is that when I opened the first STP file I attached on a co-worker's computer, the file opens up to all surfaces.  I have to take it to the CE to stitch it, but I am still able to open it up.  I have played with the STP import settings in the Open Dialog only to come to a blank screen again...

JD, that's what I remembered about an hour ago, the HTML reporting.  I am in the same boat with you about the search function on these boards.  Some days it's good, most days it's bad.  

Oh well, back to the drawing monitor....

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report