Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK will not install

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jpblower
222 Views, 8 Replies

SDK will not install

I'm not sure why but I tried to install SDK for IV 2008 (sp3) on Vista 64 and after giving permission the process gets most of the way through and then gives me an error saying "RegisterAssemblyTools.exe has stopped working" Anyone know what's up w/ that?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jpblower
in reply to: jpblower

It's doing the same for all of the tool packages.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

please turn UAC off, then you can install SDK and tool
pack.

Message 4 of 9
jpblower

What's UAC
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

User Access Control

jpblower wrote:
> What's UAC
Message 6 of 9
jpblower

How do I do that? Do you mean tools>document/application settings, I tried to look for anything there that would help but didn't find anything, but admittedly I didn't go through each individual option. I just hunted for what seemed like it might be useful.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 2008 SP2, AIP 2009-SP1
PcCillin AV
HP zv5000  AMD64 2GB - Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185
XP
Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Message 8 of 9
jpblower

For anyone else w/ this problem I just found out it's a windows vista thing.

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2007/02/06/understanding-windows-vistas-user-account-control.html

Turning User Account Control On or Off
To your own detriment, and I mean that quite literally, you can disable User Account Control and all its related features on a per-account basis. Rather than completely disabling UAC, you can enable or disable individual features through policy settings. These policy settings are found under Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options.

At home, you can turn User Account Control on or off for your account by following these steps:

Click Start and then click Control Panel.
In Control Panel, click the User Accounts heading and then click User Accounts again.
On the User Accounts page, click Turn User Account Control On Or Off.
When you click Turn User Account Control On Or Off, you are prompted for permissions or consent as discussed previously. Because this is an inherent part of the user interface and a feature that can be enabled or disabled, I do not mention each time the prompt is displayed. Rather, I assume that you will provide the permissions or consent as required.
To disable User Account Control, clear the Use User Account Control checkbox. To enable User Account Control, select the Use User Account Control checkbox. Click OK.
When prompted, click Restart Now or Restart Later as appropriate. You will need to restart your computer for this change to take affect.
Message 9 of 9
jpblower

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report